Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter

It happens to me every year. By the time Easter rolls around, I have become an “Administrative Christian”. You know what I’m talking about. If you’re involved in a church at all, you have either been or come in contact with the AC. Spring has sprung and there are lots of things to be done. Fix-up projects around the buildings, assembling the softball teams, planning the upcoming summer events for kids and a whole host of other plans take front and center. There are meetings and committees. More meetings and sub-committees. There are arguments over every little mundane detail of the service, bickering about who was sitting in who’s pew, and all out fights over how we spend our money. And before you know it, you’re walking through the church as though it were a municipal building.
You don’t notice the stained glass or the cross with a black veil draped over it. You don’t notice the palms stacked up.
But the moment I hear the opening notes of “Christ The Lord Is Risen Today”, I feel a wave come over me and I am reminded of why this is truly a day to stop and reflect on what God has done for us.
Go to church this coming Sunday. It is hard not to get caught up in the splendor that is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

No comments: